NORFOLK, VA – An impressively remarkable 43 percent of Pratt Institute student-athletes eligible to become United States Collegiate Athletic Association (USCAA) Academic All-Americans achieved the honors in 2016-17.
In all, 27 Pratt Institute student-athletes were named to the USCAA Academic All-America Team in their respective sports this academic year.
All student-athletes who have accumulated 24 or more credits and a grade point average of 3.50 or greater are eligible for the team.
Of the eligible 63 varsity student-athletes who have accumulated 24 or more credit hours, 27 Cannoneers (43 percent) received Academic All-American status. In all, one out of every 2.33 eligible student-athletes was named to the team.
Other notable USCAA Academic All-American Team highlights include:
- Five of six (83 percent) eligible women’s tennis players were named to the sport’s USCAA National All-Academic Team.
- Half of eight eligible women’s basketball players earned Academic All-American status.
- Half of six eligible men’s tennis players earned Academic All-American status.
- Men’s cross country and track student-athlete Andrew Orluk and women’s cross country and track student-athlete Abby Gross each earned the honor twice.
- Cailyn Culp (women’s tennis) David Cutler (men’s volleyball), Olivia DeCapri (cross country), Abby Gross (track) received the accolade for a second consecutive academic year.
A complete list of Pratt’s USCAA Academic All-Americans by team is below:
Women’s Volleyball (2): Abby Nagy, Joan Wyeth
Women’s Tennis (5): Cailyn Culp, Neeka Gilardian, Agata Jakubowska, Melanie Kania, Sofiya Levina
Women’s Basketball (4): Sabrina Barakat, Amissa Epperson, Jen Klockner, Jianfei Zhao
Men’s Basketball (2): Adam Blufarb, David Lu
Men’s Volleyball (2): David Cutler, Dean Liaw
Men’s Tennis (3): Hubert Chen, Ben Erickson, Rongxin Zhang
Men’s and Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field (9): Olivia DeCapri, Sonia DeNicolo, Jamie Funk, Victoria Lee, Coral Lee, Andrew Orluck (2), Abby Gross (2)